The routine schedule of vaccines provided free under the National Immunisation Program.
Free vaccine Victoria - Criteria for eligibility lists the schedule of vaccines by brand name and who is eligible for free vaccine.
Immunisation is offered in secondary school to all students in Year 7 and Year 10 and boys in Year 9 of secondary school. Students are eligible to receive these vaccines for free through a school-based immunisation program.
For more information see:
Read the latest newsletter online or select from one of our past newsletters. The current edition includes...
- Encouraging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to self-identify at health services
- Components of the 2014 trivalent influenza vaccine
- Eligibility for free annual influenza vaccine
- Influenza vaccine brands - free government supply
- Free influenza vaccine brands to use for eligible children
- Victorian vaccine safety service case study - a community drug error
- Contact SAEFVIC
- Influenza vaccine for immunocompromised people
- Reconstitute! Reconstitute! Reconstitute!
- Two brands of MMR vaccine
- Two brands of varicella vaccine
- Catch-up vaccination - two options
- Cold chain management during a heatwave
- National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance - Australian Immunisation Professionals Network
- Further reading
The risk of complications from childhood diseases like measles is much higher than the risks of immunisation. Vaccination protects against infection, saves lives and protects those who are too young or too sick to be immunised.