The routine schedule of vaccines provided free under the National Immunisation Program.
Free vaccine Victoria - Criteria for eligibility lists the schedule of vaccines by brand name and who is eligible for free vaccine.
Immunisation is offered in secondary school to all students in Year 7 and Year 10 and boys in Year 9 of secondary school. Students are eligible to receive these vaccines for free through a school-based immunisation program.
For more information see:
Read the latest newsletter online or select from one of our past newsletters. The current edition includes:
- Scheduled vaccines for children
- Preventable cold chain breaches
- Becoming a nurse immuniser
- Do you need to contact the Victorian TB Program?
- Immunisation catch-up quiz: test your skills
- Clinical vaccinology update - 12 November 2014
- Measles cases in Victoria rise in 2014
- Secondary school vaccines - what’s planned for 2015?
- Adolescent vaccine program
- Gardasil® vaccine catch-up program for Year 9 boys ends in 2014
- AusVaxSafety: new enhanced surveillance system
- Further reading
The risk of complications from childhood diseases like measles is much higher than the risks of immunisation. Vaccination protects against infection, saves lives and protects those who are too young or too sick to be immunised.