Pest control licence holders in Victoria
When hiring a professional pest control operator who charges for fee (or reward) for treating pests in your home or business, it is important to make sure that the individual is licensed. This ensures that they have attained an appropriate qualification.
The Department of Health licenses individuals who operate or are employed by a pest control business and apply pesticides to control insects and pest animals.
Current pest control licence holders
The pest control licence holder register provides details (name of pest controller and licence expiry date) for all current pest control operators licensed in Victoria.
The register allows you to search for current pest control licence holders. For any additional information please phone the Pest Control Program by phone on 1300 887 090 or email email@example.com.Please note that there are two options for the status of a pest control licence:
- fully qualified technician
- trainee under supervision.
Please note that there are three licence authorisations:
- Athropods, Rodents, Birds and Fungi (ARBF), permitting a pest control operator to use pesticides formulated for the control of arthropods, rodents, birds and fungi, which are used to control pests (other than pest animals).
- Pest animal, permitting a pest control operator to use pesticides formulated for the control of pest animals to protect building used for commercial purposes, a domestic premise, or privately owned land.
- Fumigants, permitting a pest control operator to use pesticides in the form of fumigants.
Hefty fine for unlicensed pest controller
A Lysterfield man has been prosecuted and fined $19,500 in the Ringwood Magistrates Court for six breaches of Victoria’s pest control laws, after a successful prosecution by the Department of Health. Please see the news release below for more detail.